Thursday, August 22, 2019 | By: The Write Way Cafe

The Beginning...Not The End with Charmaine Gordon

The Write Way Café welcomes author Charmaine Gordon, who shares what she's been up to and talks about mature romance.

It’s been a while since we talked with you last.
Yes, it’s been way too long since we had a chat. Over the months, I became a whole different person full of happiness, smiles and dancing carefully.

Who is your intended audience and why should they read your books? 
Since I’m what I call an elder woman-YIKES, when in the world did that happen? I write real life experiences adding Therapy dogs, and humor.

How did you become involved with the subject or theme of your books? 
Stories just happen for me. All of a sudden, I think about a woman looking in a mirror. What does she see and what should she do to make life better.

Who is your favorite character from your books and why? 
My granddaughter, now eleven going on twenty. Way back, I began to write about her as a child living with her Granny while her parents are Marines and before long, one after the other, die during the war. Granny and grandest child live together from then on.

How about your least favorite character?  What makes them less appealing to you? 
A man, totally wrapped up in himself, wants to take Granny’s home away from her. Gran fights him with the help of her granddaughter and the selfish man’s young daughter.

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your books!
Humor is a big factor and romance.

Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?
Ever since I fell and had rehab for four months, I learned to be careful, use my cane all the time, write daily and exercise.  Good life for me.

What can readers who enjoy your books do to help make them successful?
Buy the right books and leave a good review. I sure enjoy a super review. Thanks a bunch, my friends.

Charmaine Gordon here: I didn’t realize at the time while working as an actor in NYC, I’d become a sponge soaking up dialogue, setting, and stage directions. I learned many tools of writing watching Mike Nichols, Harrison Ford, Anthony Hopkins, and Billy Crystal. When the sweet time ended, I began another career and creative juices flowed.

I’m a senior, when did that happen? And decided there are a gazillion stories about slim women and hunks in love but none about Mature Romance. So I wrote one, had a ball doing it and instead of writing the End, I wrote The Beginning...Not The End. A series was born.


https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/364854
The Beginning ...Not The End
Available in one volume 
Smashwords

Also available Individually

Instant Grandpa
Summer at the Jersey Shore just got hotter...Take one widower grandfather, add two little grandkids, and a widowed grandmother with a small granddaughter. Mix well. Stir in sun drenched beach days and moonlit nights. What have you got? A kite flying high with a new tail; an author writing a book to sort out emotions; a talented boy with his mother returned to claim the prize.
Smashwords

Young at Heart
Seventy year old Joyce Campbell expected her new left hip to heal at Helen Hayes Rehabilitation. What she didn’t expect was to fall in love with the distinguished silver haired Collin Brody who wouldn’t give her a second glance. Until Kizzy, the therapy dog comes into Collins life...and into his heart. What Happens Next? The Beginning, Not The End.
Smashwords

Before The Final Curtain
Once lovers, aging actors collide on stage as stars in a romantic comedy written and directed by a manipulative director; add to the mix the talented assistant, a tough stage manager, one prominent costume designer, two young actors, secrets and gossip. Show Business. There’s no business like it.
Smashwords


About Charmaine:  I was an actor for many years on daytime drama: One Life to Live, Another World, All My Children. Movies: my first was Working Girl where I sang Happy Birthday to Melanie Griffith and shared a Hot Dog with Harrison Ford during the break. The Road to Wellness with Sir Anthony Hopkins,"call me Tony" he said and invited me to lunch at the special room for the leads and staff. What fun and delicious filet mignon. The sweet time in my life after caring for a large family in the loving days of momhood. Then my voice failed me and I began writing. How I love this career and my publisher, Kimberlee Williams, Vanilla Heart Publishing.

Facebook            Twitter 



1 comments:

HiDee said...

Glad to hear you are happy and dancing again. Thank you for sharing your mature romances with us today!