Thursday, June 13, 2019 | By: The Write Way Cafe

Meet Lyn Morgan aka Lyn Lawrence

aka Lyn Lawrence, Evelyn MorganThe Write Way Café welcomes Lyn Morgan aka Lyn Lawrence,  whose life is made of stories.

 

What inspired you to become an author?  
I was always telling stories even before I wrote them down. Often to amuse my friends since I was a child in the ‘40’s and we devised our own fun without tablets or cell phones. Soon I began to write them down. Then when I was 12, my sixth grade teacher told me I would someday write books.
 

Can you share a little of your current work with us?  
Presently I am working on a television pilot titled BIGFOOTVILLE. Doing final edits on a new book to be published this fall titled, DARK WEB OF DREAMS and if that is not enough, my memoirs, MEMOIRS OF EVELYN ROSE CAT which has a potential publisher
 

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? 
When I write about things that are sad or have hurt other people or even have to write a death in a romantic suspense, I find those topics difficult and challenging.
 

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?
I read them, I only rarely respond to them. For bad reviews, a best selling author once told me she was always driven to buy and read books with really bad reviews and was convinced some bad reviews were written by the envious. Haha, so I felt better about one in a romance magazine no longer being published that had gained me only one star.
 

What is your best marketing tip? 
I don’t market very well. I recently had good results with a Facebook boost on my author page and one on a page for a movie I co-wrote..

What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process? 

Well, if I have to self-publish, I do not enjoy the formatting phase. Thankfully I have a publisher for the book coming out in the fall and don’t have to do it. This publisher is new and is Southeast Media.
 

Is there one subject you would never write about as an author? What is it? 
I will not write erotica ever. I will rarely use bad language.
 

Why did you choose to write in your particular field or genre?  If you write more than one, how do you balance them? 
I write in more than one. My preferred genre is romantic suspense and I have written three that are in print. I like romance novels and I have written one historical romance. LOVE IS A VERB is in print. I have planned and partially written a Civil War series. And I also write scripts. And non-fiction. And books about my movies.
 

Where did your love of books/storytelling/reading/writing/etc. come from? 
Both my parents and grandparents were all avid readers. One grandmother was also a librarian. I was raised in a household filled with every kind of book and I read constantly as a child and until I finally started writing and publishing my own works. I have only limited reading time now. But I always have at least one book I am reading.
 

What cultural value do you see in writing/reading/storytelling/etc.?  
Wow, is there culture without reading? Recently on a flight, I sat by two high school seniors and we talked the whole way about books and I was amazed at those they were familiar with. As for storytelling, it has always been a part of human life. Around camp fires, at family gatherings, anywhere.
 

How do you feel about ebooks vs. print books and alternative vs. conventional publishing? 
I read both ebooks and actual print books. Ebooks are easy on my old joints and my fading eyesight. I am now in my eighties and holding print books tire my hands. I love print books and am proud to say one of mine has made it into hardback, STONE JUSTICE, a true crime which in ebook form was on the top 100 list on Amazon for a couple of months.

What do you think is the future of reading/writing? 


There will always be readers. There will always be writers.
 

What are some ways in which you promote your work?  Do you find that these add to or detract from your writing time? 
Well, sometimes they do detract from writing time, but book signings, teaching classes at any venue possible from community colleges to informal ones at writers conferences, and critique groups and/or book clubs. I’ve done all of these.
 

What is your favorite place or way to meet readers?
At a book signing. It is always a treat, especially is they are my fans.

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published? 

Keep reading. Keep writing. 

So long folks!

Lyn Morgan aka Lyn Lawrence



by Lyn LawrenceBEST HOTEL ROYALE
In a seemingly haunted Hot Springs, AR hotel, 
Cassie fights for her independence and her 
baby daughter's life while falling in love 
with the owner of the hotel.
by Evelyn Morgan 

LOVE IS A VERB
A young Indiana school teacher
leaves her groom at the altar 
to head by steamboat 
to Louisiana to teach.

by Lyn LawrenceBROUSSARD BAYOU INN 
Shay and Tony, once both members 
of the Cajun posse's water patrol, 
are brought together again when he 
returns to town, but can they rekindle 
their love and solve the mystery 
which once drove them apart?

by Debi King McMartin and Lyn MorganSTONE JUSTICE
 The true story of the only woman 
ever electrocuted in the electric chair 
in Louisiana, Annie McQuiston 
better known as Toni Jo Henry.
by Debi McMartin and Evelyn L. Morgan 

SKOOKUM:THE HUNT FOR BIGFOOT 
The book based on the movie of the same name 
which was filmed in the beautiful Caddo Lake 
area of North Louisiana, it is a different look 
at Bigfoot, but could it be the right one?






About Evelyn Morgan: 
     Writing under the names Lyn Lawrence and Evelyn Morgan, she is a multi-published author, co-author, and screenwriter.
     Evelyn was born in Lake Arthur, a small town in the southwest corner of Louisiana where she spent her childhood. She now lives in the northwest corner of the same state.
     Evelyn is a Romance Writers of America member and a member of the RWA chapter, NOLA Stars. With two books in print and one script in post-production, she is currently working on three more scripts. She and her co-author will republish STONE JUSTICE, with new information and photographs and documents soon.
     A movie, titled THE PARDON, based on the same true story recounted in their book STONE JUSTICE, premiered July 23, 2010, at Stony Brook Film Festival on Long Island, NY. Their original script, though not used in filming the movie, will be included in the new edition of STONE JUSTICE.


Amazon           Twitter           http://olderwriter.wordpress.com/



5 comments:

Lynn said...

Your writing is interesting. Thank you for being on our blog!

HiDee said...

Thanks for joining us today, Lyn. You have such a variety of writing, it must keep your creativity flowing!

Saralyn said...

Congrats on all of your writing successes, Lyn. Very impressive.

Jackie W. said...

Great writer and person. Her books are a great read and hard to put down. I'm lucky enough to call her friend.

RT Wolfe said...

What beautiful variety! Congratulations!
-R.T. Wolfe