Thursday, October 27, 2016 | By: The Write Way Cafe

Meet Rachel Bartlett with Augustina Van Hoven

The Write Way Café welcomes Augustina Van Hoven.  She would like to introduce readers to Rachel Bartlett, heroine of The Bloom of a Rose, the last book in the Rose Series, which will be released in December.


Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Rachel Bartlett.  I’m the daughter of the late governor, Russell Bartlett.  I was an animation student at an art college in Georgia.  My parents asked me to skip two quarters and help with my father’s campaign.  I never expected to lose him.  I’m grateful that I was able to spend some more time with him.  Now that he’s gone it’s just me and my mother and we do not get along.

What is your goal in the story?
I want to go back to school and finish my education.  I have only one year left to get my degree.  My teachers say I have great talent and can make it as an animator for Disney.  I have a plan to make it back to school but it there are a lot of things in my way, all of them placed there by my mother.

What is your favorite hobby?
I love to draw.  I have several ideas for some graphic novels as well as some animated features.

What challenge are you trying to overcome during the story?
There’s something strange going on and it gives me the creeps.  I want to leave but my mother is determined to keep me in Idaho and create some sort of political dynasty.  She says I owe it to my father’s memory to stay.  I don’t think my father would want this kind of life for me.

I’m so grateful that I met Paul Miller.  Without him I would not be able to stand all the pressure my mother is putting on me.  I’m afraid of what my mother will do when she finds out about Paul since he is on the opposite political team.



Augustina Van Hoven was born in The Netherlands and currently resides in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, two dogs and three cats.   She is an avid reader of romance, science fiction and fantasy.  When she’s not writing she likes to work in her garden or in the winter months crochet and knit on her knitting machines.

The Kiss of a Rose
The Thorn of a Rose
The Bloom of a Rose – coming in December

Website
Blog
Twitter: @augustinavhoven
FaceBook
Pinterest: Augustina Van Hoven, Author



1 comments:

HiDee said...

I'm very interested in how you will use her animation interests in the story! Thanks for being with us today!