Tuesday, March 13, 2018 | By: The Write Way Cafe

Tuesday Special: Since Larry Died by Charmaine Gordon

Charmaine Gordon



She drives off on an adventure. Since her husband died, the widow feels angry so she gets on his Harley and drives to the club. She thinks why not? It's my Harley now and I can shoot. Heart aching, she drives.

That's the beginning of the story. A woman lost and wondering what will happen next.

I've been writing for years with many cats on my lap.  Stories of love, humor and therapy dogs, all fun. Enjoy my work and know I write for pleasure. From my heart.


This story is special; I hope you all enjoy it.






by Charmaine GordonJoan finds herself alone after the death of her husband of 37 years. Determined that she will not become a recluse confined to her home, she forces herself to take part in life as a single woman. The work she does helping others with her therapy dogs become part of the strength that propels her to move forward in life and quit blaming her husband for dying.

Amazon





About Charmaine: I was an actor for many years on daytime drama: One Life to Live, Another World, All My Children. Movies: my first was Working Girl where I sang Happy Birthday to Melanie Griffith and shared a Hot Dog with Harrison Ford during the break. The Road to Wellness with Sir Anthony Hopkins,"call me Tony" he said and invited me to lunch at the special room for the leads and staff. What fun and delicious filet mignon. The sweet time in my life after caring for a large family in the loving days of momhood. Then my voice failed me and I began writing. How I love this career and my publisher, Kimberlee Williams, Vanilla Heart Publishing.



Facebook    


Twitter 



3 comments:

Angela Adams said...

Charmaine, I love the idea of having therapy dogs play such an important part in your novel! Best wishes with your book!!!

Saralyn Richard said...

Best wishes to you, Charmaine. I love it that it took losing your actual voice to find your writing voice! Your book sounds fascinating.

Charmaine Gordon said...

Thanks to all of you for your kind remarks. I do hope you'll check out my latest book. Women have a difficult time when they lose their loved ones. I've been there and know how you must take a step forward and then another before life begins again. Big thanks to my friend HiDee for always welcoming me.

Love to all, Charmaine Gordon