Thursday, January 25, 2018 | By: The Write Way Cafe

Office Space with Lainee Cole

The Write Way Café welcomes author Lainee Cole, who shares some of the inspirational items she surrounds herself with while writing.

I inherited a love of all things “office” from my dad. I collect file folders, notepads, index cards, pens, and post-it notes – all in a variety of colors. Just like books, there is no such thing as too many. So now that my kids are grown and out on their own, I’m gradually taking over one bedroom and making it into an office. MY office.

So far, my desk, a couple of file cabinets, and several bookshelves line the walls. They’re great for functionality but they don’t do much for my muse, so I started collecting items that inspire me.  I’d like to share them with you.

A book letter cut from a hardcover book.

A Bookshop candle.

A book-page ornament.




A wooden box adorned with a nail/yarn heart.


An old hardcover book with the pages folded to read "Books".



A Scentsy typewriter wax warmer to help set the mood.



And last but not least, a large coffee mug filled with an assortment of pens, and offering words of advice:


These are a few of my favorite office things.

What items surround and inspire you in your office space?



Lainee Cole is a Midwestern girl who writes in the company of a husband always trying to talk to her. Her characters often take on a life of their own, surprising and annoying her. But writing fictional characters also gives her hope and inspires her to follow her dreams. Lainee’s goal is for her stories to make readers laugh and cry, give them hope, and encourage them to believe in the power of love. When she’s not writing or reading, Lainee enjoys spending time with family and friends; hiking, camping, and traveling with her husband; and consuming daily doses of chocolate. 



by Lainee Cole, Lynn Crandall, Rena Koontz
AT MIDNIGHT:

Three talented authors. 
Three love stories. 
Three approaching deadlines.


Midnight Casanova by Lainee Cole
Facebook    Twitter

Two Days Until Midnight by Lynn Crandall
Website     Facebook     Twitter

Midnight Deadline for Love by Rena Koontz

Website     Facebook     Twitter

Available at Amazon  and  Smashwords








3 comments:

Lynn said...

I love office supplies too! Your pieces for your office are really nice!

Anonymous said...

I like your stuff esp. the typewriter shaped wax warmer.

Ramona

HiDee said...

Thank you Lynn and Ramona. I adore the wax warmer! :)