Tuesday, March 29, 2016 | By: The Write Way Cafe

Tuesday Special: Jami Gray and PSY-IV Teams #1

Jami Gray


Welcome to the PSY-IV Teams, a group of ex-military psychics, who are uniquely qualified to deal with unusual danger.  In HUNTED BY THE PAST, Cyn Arden, a reluctant psychic faces a psychopathic killer in a deadly game where the past determines her future.


HUNTED BY THE PAST
PSY-IV Teams #1

Sometimes death is the only way to out run the past…

Changing the past is impossible, a fact ex-marine, Cynthia Arden, understands all too well. Struggling with the aftermath of a botched mission, a panicked phone call brings her home to face a killer’s game. Unfortunately, the distracting Kayden Shaw returns as well, the one man she thought would stand by her, until he chose his job over her.

To survive, will Cyn risk her heart or lose the man she loves and her life?

MuseItUp Publishing         Amazon     
Smashwords      Barnes & Noble   
iBooks         ARe            Kobo


Excerpt:  
     Even at eleven at night, the heat still hung around, refusing to give up its hold.  This far north though, it was bearable. There were lights shining behind various cabin windows and the faint sounds of music drifted to us as we made our way to the parking lot. Sitting under one of the few lights was a standard black SUV, right next to my Jeep. The locks popped and Delacourt dumped her bag on the back seat. Closing the door with a muted thump, she turned around and leaned against the SUV, then crossed her arms, and studied me.
     Not fidgeting was difficult, but I managed. Between the night and the dim light, it was hard to read her expression, as it played peek-a-boo with the shadows.
     “Flash wanted me to approach you about joining PSY-IV before that last mission. I refused.”
     Nerves tightened and my stomach dropped at her unexpected statement, the impending conversation not the one I had envisioned. Uncertain where she was going with this, unsure I wanted to follow along, I kept my emotions locked down and out of my voice. “I’m sure you had your reasons.”
     “Maybe.” The night settled between us, and she said, “Do you think rank overrides humanity?”
     A strange, unexpected question considering who was asking. What the hell did she want from me?      “Excuse me?”
     “If you’re going to work for me, we need to clear the air. The last thing we
need on this operation is for what happened to come back and bite us in the ass. You blame me.”
     Folding my arms, I kept my mouth shut. There was no way to answer that without lying.
     “You blame me,” she repeated, softer now. “And you have a right to, but I blame you, too.”


Coming Soon…

TOUCHED BY FATE, PSY-IV Teams #2

Trusting him with her secrets is dangerous. Trusting him with her heart could be fatal.


As a specialized consultant for the Department of Defense, Risia Lacoste understands the bargaining chip of a well-kept secret. When her current assignment threatens to unearth her deeply buried skeletons, she’s forced into a high-stakes game of lies and loyalty where even her ability to foresee the future can’t predict the winner.

Darkness lies under the skin of every man, and PSY-IV Team operative and touch empath, Tag Gunderson, has the demons to prove it. Scarred by betrayal and disillusionment, he’s not Risia’s top pick for a partner in the game, but he’s all she’s got.

As the game draws them deeper into a pit of intrigue and their list of enemies grow, will Risia trust Tag with more than her secrets or will his demons destroy them both?



About Jami:  Jami Gray is the award winning, multi-published author of the Urban Fantasy series, The Kyn Kronicles, and the Paranormal Romantic Suspense series, PSY-IV Teams. She can be soothed with coffee and chocolate. Surrounded by Star Wars obsessed males and two female labs moonlighting as the Fur Minxes, she escapes by playing with the voices in her head. 

You can find Jami at: 

Website   
Amazon   
Goodreads   
Facebook  





3 comments:

HiDee said...

Great excerpt! Thanks for being with us today, Jami.

Jami Gray said...

Thank you so much for letting me stop by and share, HiDee!

Monica Stoner said...

SUCH a good read