Thursday, April 28, 2016 | By: The Write Way Cafe

Meet Richard Fowler

The Write Way Café welcomes Augustina Van Hoven, who offers a character interview with Richard Fowler from her book The Thorn of a Rose.

The Thorn of a Rose releases on June 24th.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Richard Fowler. I am a member of the Idaho House of Representatives.  Luckily, they only meet three months out of the year so I get to spend the rest of my time running my sports bar.  I don’t have a great record when it comes to my love life,  I’m thirty-four years old, and I’ve been divorced twice.  Maybe I never really learned what it means to be married.  My parents weren’t exactly the greatest examples.  Dad spent most of his time taking his inheritance and turning it into an empire, while mom disappeared into a bottle when she wasn’t at her garden club or some charity event.  I guess I need to find a woman who doesn’t mind a slightly used husband who needs to grow up.

What is your goal in the story?
Like I said, I am a state legislator.  This session I’m presenting a bill to take back state lands from federal control.  If I can get the bill signed into law it will open up opportunities to dramatically increase funding for schools and improve education in my state.  The current Governor is not going to stand idly by and let this legislation pass.  What I’m proposing to do will undermine a lot of his power and take money away from his own special projects.  I have allies helping me in this and we are all taking a risk moving it forward, our Governor doesn’t play nice.

What is your favorite hobby?
Well I’d have to say drinking and being a smart aleck.  No seriously, I love tasting and acquiring bottles of good whiskey.  My bar is noted for its excellent selections, both imported and domestic.  As to the other, well let’s just say I enjoy being a thorn in the side of certain political figures in my state.

What challenge are you trying to overcome during the story?
Something supernatural happened last year, I thought it was over, but I was wrong.  Strange things are going on which threaten my allies, one in particular, Ashley Halliday.  I have to protect her and I can’t tell her from what or why.    




Website
Blog
Twitter: @augustinavhoven
FaceBook

Augustina Van Hoven was born in The Netherlands and currently resides in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, two dogs and three cats.   She is an avid reader of romance, science fiction and fantasy.  When she’s not writing she likes to work in her garden or in the winter months crochet and knit on her knitting machines.





2 comments:

HiDee said...

Interesting! Thank you for being with us today!

Mark R Hunter said...

He sounds like my kind of guy!