Thursday, October 22, 2015 | By: The Write Way Cafe

Island Secrets with R.T. Wolfe

The Write Way Café welcomes R.T. Wolfe, who is full of surprises and words of wisdom.

Good day, The Write Way Café! It’s lovely to be back on your blog. I truly enjoy your postings. Thank you!

Tell us a little about your Island Escape series.
     When Zoe Clearwater learns that the skull she found in an underwater cave is her missing brother, she sells her scuba diving business, Sun Trips Touring, and dedicates herself to unravelling her brother's mysterious death.
     Dane Corbin, the new owner of Sun Trips, is determined to prove to Zoe, now his employee, that he is not the womanizer he once was. But it'll take more than profit to turn Zoe's head.
     Her investigation at a standstill, Zoe unearths letters from a secret lover among her brother's possessions, along with plane tickets, a promise to run away to safety, and the painful realization that she'll need Dane's help.
     As mercurial clues plunge Zoe and Dane into a life-threatening pursuit and the truth burns brighter and brighter, Zoe recognizes she needs Dane as much as her brother's unnamed lover needed him. But Dane will have to make it to safety, first.

If Island Secrets was made into a movie, who would play your main characters, and why?
     Renee Zellweger is the perfect Zoe Clearwater! She’s independent and focused on the outside and a delightful train wreck on the inside. And Chris Hemsworth fits the bill for Dane Corbin. He’s simple, loyal and, oh who am I kidding … then, I’d get to meet him!  J

What’s the best writing advice you’ve been given?  What’s your best writing advice for others?
     “Finish the damned book,” Kate Larkins.  And “Finish the damned book,” R.T. Wolfe.
     Nine times out of ten an author overthinks verses underthinks their work. We are mostly a group of insecure introverts for sure!

What “keepers” are in your home library?
     Full House by Janet Evanovich, Northern Lights by Nora Roberts, Private by James Patterson, and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin.

If you could be a character in any book you’ve read (or written), which character would you be and why?
     Oh no! This is supposed to be a blog about my new release, Island Secrets! Yes, the main character, Zoe Clearwater, is smart, witty and a delightful train wreck all at the same time. Yes, she has 2 sisters who are completely unique, devoted and fun. Oh and, Dane Corbin is completely NOT a train wreck, adventurous, and in love with her. And yes, she has a hilariously lovely hippy mother and equally fun father. But my true hero is Detective Nickie Savage from my Nickie Savage Series (book #3 coming out next month!). She is unrefined, canny, and completely dedicated to helping victims of abuse and kidnapping. Understandably, she relies on her husband, Duncan Reed, and his photographic memory and computer hacking skills to help her take down the bad guys. She’s a blast to write.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
     Toughest: That I am a Nora Roberts wanna be.
     Best: That I am a Nora Roberts wanna be.

We’re adding books to our Café menu.  Would your book be a drink, an appetizer, an entrée or a dessert?  What would you call it?
     Island Secrets is an appetizer as it is book #1 in the Island Escape Series.

Do you have any compulsions you must do for no particular reason?
     All of my hangers have to be the same color. I can’t believe I just admitted that. HAHA

Tell us about the book in your closet.
     Other than a few dozen skeletons, I have no book in my closet. I am a transparent skeleton/book closet girl. J

And now for the fun stuff!  

If you were a punctuation mark, what would you be?
     I am a question mark. Always seeking to learn. J

If you aren’t a full-time writer, what is your day job?
     I am a kindergarten teacher. #LoveMyKiddos!

What is something you do that people would be surprised at?
     I raise caterpillars on my kitchen counter all summer long.

If you had to write with a pen instead of a computer, what type of pen would be your preference?
     Ball point. Medium line. And who writes a manuscript with a pen?! So dang funny.

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done in the name of love?
     Married the love of my life six months after meeting him! Who does that!

Do you have any strange writing habits (like standing on your head or writing in the shower)?
     I write while pedaling on my stationary bike. I have rigged a table that fits just above the handlebars for my laptop. It’s perfect!


About R.T.:  R.T. was born and raised in the beautiful Midwest, the youngest of six ornery children. She married at a young age and began her family short after. With three amazing small boys, life was a whirlwind of flipping houses and working two jobs in between swim lessons and Candyland. Now that her boys are nearly grown, R.T. spends much of her time on the road traveling from one sporting event to another serving as mom and cheerleader. She works to assist the several non-profit organizations that have supported her books and promote the work they do for those who cannot help themselves.

Website          Amazon          Google Play     
Barnes and Noble          iTunes          Facebook     
Twitter          Pinterest


7 comments:

RT Wolfe said...

Thank you for having me, HiDee and Lynn. I sure do enjoy your blog! :)
-R.T.

MJ Schiller said...

I loved ISLAND SECRETS ... And pretty much anything that RT writes! I read them on my e-reader and collect her paperbacks. I can't wait until the next in this series and the next Nickie Savage book! Love you, RT! Keep writing!

HiDee said...

I'm looking forward to reading Island Secrets - hope to see your sea turtles in the book! This was a fun interview - thanks for being with us today!

Lynn said...

Happy you're here, RT. Continue your great writing.

Angela Adams said...

"I write while pedaling on my stationary bike. I have rigged a table that fits just above the handlebars for my laptop." That's amazing! (smile)

RT Wolfe said...

Thank you, M.J. Back at you!

Angela: It's truly a great system. Love it!

Thank you for having me, The Write Way! I'm honored as always. :)

-R.T.

Unknown said...

Hi there RT, I absolutely loved your interview, what a cool voice you have! And I've added Island Secrets to my TBR list, it sounds exactly like what I love to read!
The 'criticism' and 'compliment' you mentioned made me smile, and shout a very loud hurrah for the compliment part. The criticism sounds like jealousy to me, so focus on that compliment, it will see you through!

Congratulations on all your successes RT, here's to many more.

Best wishes - Nikki.